Help with tax credits

Last updated: 17 December 2018

Find out more about different types of tax credits.

Find out if you qualify for tax credits

To find out if you're likely to qualify for tax credits, there's a short questionnaire on GOV.UK that you can complete. It will take about 5 minutes.

Complete the questionnaire on GOV.UK.

Contact the Tax Credit Office

Make a claim for Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit or report a change by contacting the Tax Credit Helpline or Tax Credit Office.

Make a claim for Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit.

Changes that affect your tax credits

Your tax credits can go up, down or stop if there are changes in your family or work life . You must report these changes to the Tax Credit Office.

Find out more about what can affect your tax credits.

Childcare and tax credits

If you pay for childcare while you're at work, you may be eligible for extra tax credits.

Find out more about childcare and tax credits.

Child Tax Credit

Visit GOV.UK to find all you need to know about Child Tax Credit.

How to claim tax credits

Find out how to claim tax credits.

Renew your tax credits

Find out how to renew your tax credits.

Tax credits calculator

Use the HM Revenue and Customs tax credits calculator to get an estimate of how much in tax credits you might receive from today's date until the end of the tax year.

Use the tax credits calculator.

Tax credits: working out your childcare costs

You can claim extra tax credits to help with your childcare costs if you're eligible.

Work out your childcare costs.

Working tax credit

Find out more about claiming a working tax credit.