If you want advice about money and debt, you can get help with:
- clearing your debts – Money Advice Service
- coping with stress and debt – Stepchange Debt Charity
- money and debt – Citizens Advice Scotland
You can also talk to a money adviser to check your options, including advice about paying off debt.
Search for money advisers in your area – Scotland's Financial Health Service
Find out what help you can get with money if…
- you split up with someone
- someone in your family goes to prison
- someone you're married to or your civil partner dies
- you're made redundant
- you need support with a mental illness
Get help paying for your home
Money Talk Team
The Money Talk Team is a service that offers money advice to older people and families.
It helps explain how to make the most of your income and make sure you're not paying more than you need to for services like gas, electricity and internet.
It can help you find out:
- what benefits you can get
- how to save money on your bills
- what other money you may be entitled to
You can chat to the Money Talk Team by calling 0800 085 7145, or by setting up a meeting to your local Citizens Advice Bureau.