If you want advice about money and debt, you can get help with:
- clearing your debts – Money Advice Service
- coping with stress and debt – Stepchange Debt Charity
- money and debt – Citizens Advice Scotland
You can also talk to a money adviser to check your options, including advice about paying off debt.
Search for money advisers in your area – Scotland's Financial Health Service
Find out what help you can get with money if…
- you split up with someone
- someone in your family goes to prison
- someone you're married to or your civil partner dies
- you're made redundant
- you need support with a mental illness
Get help paying for your home
Financial Health Check
The Financial Health Check service offers money advice to older people and families.
It can show you how to make the most of your income and make sure that you're not paying more than you need to for basic services like gas, electricity and broadband.
It can help you find out:
- what benefits you can get
- how to save money on your bills
- what other money you may be entitled to
You can talk to Financial Health Check advisors by calling 0800 085 7145 or meeting them in person at your local Citizens Advice Bureau.