If you're going to university or college you can open a student bank account.
Some banks will offer you free bonuses for signing up for a student account.
If you're a part-time student contact your bank to find out if you can get a student account.
How to open a student account
You must prove you're a student before you can open a student account.
Each bank accepts different things as proof that you're a student. These may include:
- a UCAS confirmation letter with an unconditional offer
- a UCAS letter with a conditional offer, plus results that show you've met that condition
- a letter from your university or college confirming you're going to be attending
- your student card if you've already started
Check with the bank to see what they accept.
You'll also need:
- a letter confirming where you live called 'proof of address', for example a recent bill
- some kind of document confirming who you are called 'proof of identity', for example a passport