To get the grant all of these 4 things must apply:
You must be told by Test and Protect or the Incident Management Team to self-isolate because you:
- have tested positive for coronavirus
- have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- are the parent of carer of a child under 16 who has been told to self-isolate
- are caring for someone over 16 who has been told to self-isolate
You must be employed or self-employed.
You'll lose income because you cannot work from home.
You must be on a low income or getting one of these benefits.
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Council Tax Reduction
You may qualify for this grant if you're on a low income. This can vary between councils.
No recourse to public funds
You can still apply for the grant if your right to live in the UK includes the condition that you've no recourse to public funds.
If you're not eligible for the grant
If you're not eligible for the Self-Isolation Support Grant you may be able to get a Crisis Grant.
You can only apply for a Crisis Grant through your local council.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback