You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

What the grant is

If you're a low income worker and Test and Protect tell you to self-isolate you may be able to get a £500 Self Isolation Support Grant.

You do not need to pay this grant back. 

If you're employed, you'll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You'll not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment.

If you're self-employed you must report the payment on your Self Assessment tax return if you need to file one.

Back to top