You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Search results

27 results

  1. Help and advice

    Help and advice about claiming compensation for a miscarriage of justice is available from solicitors, law centres, Citizens Advice or the Miscarriages of Justice Organisation.

  2. Understanding civil justice

    Issues like debt, housing disputes, bankruptcy, divorce, and parental rights are dealt with in the civil justice system.

  3. Miscarriage of justice: claim compensation

    How to apply for compensation for a miscarriage of justice. Includes the Statutory Scheme and the Ex Gratia Scheme.

  4. Regulations

    Home-based businesses still have to follow a set of regulations.

  5. Convictions and higher level disclosures

    Information about convictions shown on higher level disclosures, including the laws that govern them and how to appeal what's shown on a certificate.

  6. If a young person gets in trouble with the police

    What happens if a child or young person gets in trouble with the police – includes the age of criminal responsibility and Children's Hearings.

  7. Overview

    A basic disclosure is a criminal record check that lists any 'unspent' convictions you may have.

  8. Support for families and friends of prisoners

    Get support and advice if you know someone in prison.

  9. Complain about a judge, sheriff or justice of the peace

    How to complain about the behaviour of a judge, sheriff or justice of the peace.

  10. Children's Hearings

    Legal tribunals that help young people with problems, such as they're not looked after properly or are in trouble with the police or their school.

Back to top