Self-Isolation Support Grants
Find your local council to apply.
If you have been contacted by Test and Protect and asked to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be eligible for the Self-Isolation Support Grant. You can apply at any time during the period you've been asked to self-isolate for.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have been told by Test and Protect to self-isolate as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19), either because you have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- be employed or self-employed
- be unable to work from home, and lose income as a result of self-isolation
You must also be getting one or more of these benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit
If you have been awarded one of these benefits, but haven't had a payment yet, you will still be eligible for the Self-Isolation Support Grant.
If all of these things do not apply to you, you will not be eligible for a Self-Isolation Support Grant. You might be able to get a Crisis Grant if you are on a low income and are having money problems because you have to self-isolate.
If your right to live in the UK includes the condition that you have no access to public funds, you can still apply for the Self-Isolation Support Grant. Find out more from Migration Scotland.