Scottish Welfare Fund
The Scottish Welfare Fund helps families and people in Scotland who are on low incomes through Crisis Grants and Community Care Grants.
You can apply for a:
- Crisis Grant – if you're in crisis because of a disaster (like a fire or flood), or an emergency (like losing your money or an unexpected expense)
- Community Care Grant – to help you or someone you care for to start to live, or to carry on living, a settled life in the community
You must be 16 or older and on a low income to apply for a Crisis or Community Care Grant.
Further help with money problems
You can also get general advice for your money problems from:
- Money Talk Team – get help to make sure you're claiming everything you're entitled to and advice to help you make the most of your money
- Scotland's Financial Health Service – find information and advice on debt, managing money, housing, homelessness and ethical lending
- National Debtline – get free, confidential and independent debt advice on 0808 808 4000
- Citizens Advice Scotland – visit your nearest bureau to speak to somebody face-to-face, or call 0845 450 0351
- Shelter Scotland – call the free helpline for housing advice on 0808 800 4444
- Money Advice Scotland – find details of agencies that give independent financial advice