Rural Housing Fund and Islands Housing Fund
Last updated: 16 July 2020

Who can apply?

Only organisations can apply for the Rural and Islands Housing Funds (RIHF) – individual people cannot.

You can apply if you're a:

  • community organisation
  • local council or housing association
  • development trust
  • private landowner
  • private developer e.g. a house builder

You cannot apply if you've received funds for this project from the Affordable Housing Supply Programme (AHSP).

You cannot ask for funding to buy land if you've already had Scottish Government funding for this.

More information about the fund's conditions is available on the RIHF guidance document.