The Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (PIRC) can investigate incidents involving the police.
This may include:
- death or serious injury of a person in police custody
- death or serious injury of a person following contact with the police
- the use of firearms by police officers
- allegations of police officers being involved in criminal activity
- allegations of misconduct by senior police officers ranked Assistant chief Constable or above
- any other relevant police matter which are thought to be in the public interest
After carrying out an investigation, a report is then published on the PIRC website.
Visit the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner website to read and search for investigation reports.