Renting your property out

Last updated: 14 December 2017

Dealing with disputes

At some point your tenant may have a disagreement with you, after asking to do or replace something you don't think you should.

There are a number of ways of dealing with a dispute with your tenant if you can't resolve things by talking to them about it.

You can get independent advice from a number of sources, like:

  • Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Legal Services Agency
  • local authority
  • housing advice centre
  • local Law Centre
  • a solicitor

Your local council can also give you advice on dealing with a tenant dispute.

Renting your property out
Dealing with disputes