You can get care, advice and treatment from the NHS to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy.
If your dentist offers private treatment, they'll:
- tell you how much any treatment costs
- explain your treatment options (including what you can have done on the NHS)
- get your agreement to any treatments
Will I have to pay for NHS treatment?
Most adults over 18 have to pay for dental treatment. You won't have to pay if you're under 19 and in full-time education.
You can ask your dentist how much your treatment costs before it begins.
You get free treatment if you:
- are pregnant
- have had a baby in the last 12 months
- get income support or other specific benefits
You'll need to show proof of this, for example an NHS Tax Credit exemption certificate or award letter.
You may also get help with your health costs if you're on a low income.
Find out more detailed information about help with health costs.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback