Recover debt from elsewhere in the EU

Last updated: 3 March 2017

Use internationally-recognised court forms to recover money you're owed by someone in another EU country.

This is known as making a 'cross-border' claim. You will have to pay a court fee.

If they admit owing the money

You can make a European Payment Order if the other person or business admits owing the money.

If they deny owing the money

You can use the European Small Claims procedure if they deny owing the money, and you're owed less than €2,000.

For larger sums of money, you may have to use the national court system, and should find a solicitor

Find out more about making a cross-border claim in the EU.