You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Get a copy of your police records

You have the right to ask for a copy of records the police have about you. This includes records about your:

  • DNA samples
  • fingerprints

Ask for your records

When you ask to see these records it's called a 'subject access request'.

You can make a subject access request to Police Scotland.

The process is different if:


It's against the law for anyone to ask you to make a subject access request. This includes when you apply for a job.

Personal record requests from other organisations

You can also request your personal records from the:

Back to top