Asking for information
You have the right to be kept informed about the investigation if you've been a victim or witness to a crime.
Within their standards of service the police commit to discussing the following with you:
- how you'll be kept informed of the progress of your case
- how they'll deal with your case
- what you can do to help
You can also ask Police Scotland:
- why it's not investigating a crime
- why an investigation has been stopped
You can ask the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service:
- why it's not taking a case to court
- what's happening with a case
- what offences someone has been charged with
Find out more about asking for information as a victim or witness of crime.