You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.


Your Adult Disability Payment will be the same amount as you get for Personal Independence Payment.

You’ll be paid on the same day, and there will be no gap in your payments.

Find out more about how Adult Disability Payment is paid.


You may be responsible for paying back any Social Security Scotland payments made by mistake.

If you or the person you’re acting for is paid too much, Social Security Scotland may:

  • take the money back from you or them
  • reduce or stop their payments

If you have an overpayment with Personal Independence Payment (PIP), you'll continue to pay it back to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Back to top