Non-domestic rates guidance
Last updated: 29 May 2020

Working from home

If you work from home, you may have to pay business rates on the part of your property that you use for business purposes. This depends on the degree of business use and whether your local assessor has given a rateable value to a part of your home. You may still have to pay Council Tax on the rest of your home.

You're more likely to have to pay business rates if a room is used exclusively for business, or has been modified, such as a workshop.

Contact your local assessor if you're not sure if you should be paying business rates.