Help with mental health
Last updated: 13 August 2019

Help with living costs

Get sick pay from your employer

You can get sick pay for up to 28 weeks if you're too unwell to go to work.

How to get sick pay if you're unwell – GOV.UK

Claim benefits

If you're ill you can be paid Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) whether you're in work or not.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) – GOV.UK

Money Advice Service has a guide on the benefits and entitlements you might be able to claim if you've recently become sick or disabled.

Disability and sickness benefits – Money Advice Service

Calculate what benefits you can get and find out how to claim.

Benefits calculator – GOV.UK

Help if you're in debt

Get advice about debt and how it can affect your mental wellbeing.

Debt and mental health – Stepchange Debt Charity

Find information about where you can get support with – and how to get out of – debt when you have a problem with your mental health.

Common questions about debt and mental health – Mind

Get face-to-face advice about your situation.

Search for money advisers in your area – Scotland's Financial Health Service