Carrying out repairs as a landlord
Last updated: 9 May 2018

Housing and Property Chamber

If your property does not meet the Repairing Standard and you refuse to carry out the repair work, your tenant might report you to the Housing and Property Chamber. Local councils can also report landlords to the Housing and Property Chamber on behalf of vulnerable tenants.

If you do not carry out the work, a tribunal from the Housing and Property Chamber can look at the property and decide if the repairs do actually have to be done.

The tribunal will check to see if the home meets the Repairing Standard if you refuse to do the repairs.

If it thinks the tenant has a case, the tribunal can order you to carry out the repairs.