Your home after separation: renting
Last updated: 10 July 2019

Advice and support

Even if you and your ex-partner agree on what happens with your home after you separate, it might be helpful to get advice so you are aware of all your rights and options.

Contact Shelter Scotland to speak to a housing adviser.

Shelter Scotland
0808 800 4444 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Email a housing adviser for a response within 3 working days.

Help with housing costs

Whether you decide to stay in your home or find somewhere new, you might be able to get help with benefits and money now that you're single.

Help is also available if you can't pay your rent.

Hide this page now

Use this button or the Esc key on your keyboard to jump to home page.