Home Owners' Support Fund
Last updated: 4 September 2019

What you can do

Speak to your lenders right away if you're finding it hard to pay loans secured against your home.

Organisations that follow the Lending Code must act sympathetically and positively for their customers who are heading towards financial difficulty.

Contact a money adviser

If you can't come to an agreement with your lender, you should get independent advice about your financial situation.

Visit Scotland's Financial Health Service to search for approved money advisers in your area.

It may be worth getting together some documents to take to your money adviser meeting, like:

  • identification – photographic ID must be in date
  • salary slips
  • evidence of tax credits or benefits – all letters must be dated within the last 3 months
  • utility bills, like gas, electricity or council tax – all letters must be dated within the last 3 months
  • mortgage statements
  • evidence of other household expenditure
  • copies of any credit agreements you have
  • bank statements
  • any other details you have about your debts

Your money adviser will talk you through your options and – if they think you're eligible – will help you through the application process.