Help paying for childcare

Last updated: 10 October 2017

Other help

Childcare vouchers

Your employer may be able to help with your childcare costs using childcare vouchers.

This calculator on the GOV.UK website can help you work out whether or not you would be better off using childcare vouchers.

Help with childcare costs if you get Universal Credit

You may be able to claim 85% of your childcare costs if you're eligible for Universal Credit.

New Tax-Free Childcare Scheme

The UK Government will introduce the Tax-Free Childcare scheme during 2017.

Find out more about the Tax-Free Childcare Scheme

Lone Parents Grant

If you're an undergraduate student and bringing up a child on your own, you may qualify for a Lone Parents' Grant.

Find out how to apply

Help paying for childcare
Other help