Fair Start Scotland is our national employment support service which helps people living in Scotland to find work.
Choosing to take part in Fair Start Scotland will not affect the benefits you get.
How Fair Start Scotland can help
Fair Start Scotland can support you if you have struggled to find a job which meets your needs.
This may be because you:
- have a disability or additional support needs
- have a health condition
- have caring responsibilities
- are a single parent
- have been unemployed for at least 12 months
- are a care leaver
- are from a minority ethnic community
- are a refugee
- are a person with a conviction
- live in an area of high deprivation
Fair Start Scotland's services are delivered by different providers across the country. If you choose to take part you will meet with an advisor who will give you support and guidance for 12-18 months to help you find work.
Your advisor can help you:
- recognise your skills and create a CV
- prepare for interviews
- find opportunities to help you gain skills and experience
- find jobs which meet your needs
The service also works with employers to help them understand the support and training you need to stay in work.
After you've found a job
Fair Start Scotland will continue to give support after you've found a job. This means that there is someone to help should you have any problems or questions 12-18 months after you start working.
Eligibility - who can take part
You may be able to use Fair Start Scotland's services if you live in Scotland and:
- have the right to work in the UK
- are over 18 and out of work
You may also be able to use the service if you are 16 or 17 and are either:
- disabled; or
- receiving Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit
Find your local provider
If you would like to talk to someone about how Fair Start Scotland can help you, use the menu below to find the contact details for your area.
You can also call the Fair Start Scotland Information Line: 0800 804 8108 (Monday to Friday - 10am to 4pm)
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback