You might need advice and support if you find it hard paying your fuel bills or keeping your home warm.
Warmer Homes Scotland
Warmer Homes Scotland is a Scottish Government scheme, designed to help people in need make their homes warmer and more comfortable by installing energy saving measures. It's managed on our behalf by Warmworks Scotland.
The help offered will depend on a survey of the property.
If you've had assistance through a government programme before, you can still apply for Warmer Homes Scotland - if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Potential help includes:
- wall insulation
- loft insulation
- central heating
Get help from Warmer Homes Scotland
If you're a homeowner or private sector tenant and are struggling to heat your home, and have lived in the property for at least six months. You may be eligibile for help.
For more information about the scheme, including eligibility - please visit Greener Scotland or call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282.
Home Energy Scotland
Almost everyone can get some form of help from Home Energy Scotland. This is a free service funded by the Scottish Government that gives advice on making your home cheaper to heat, and on saving energy and carbon. Call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282, or text WARM to 81025 for a call back.
They can give you:
- free, impartial advice about the best energy-saving options for your home
- a home energy check – you can do this over the phone or an advisor can visit you at home if you'd rather speak to someone in person
- guidance on financial support, including Warmer Homes Scotland referrals, benefits checks, incentives and discounted energy rates
- advice on energy efficiency grants or discounts to help with the cost
- details of installers in your area
- referrals to the Warm Home Discount scheme – this could get you a discount on your electricity bill
Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS)
You may be eligible for support under the Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS). HEEPS provides financial support, including the Warmer Homes Scotland scheme, benefits checks, incentives and discounted energy rates.
These could help reduce your bills and make your house warmer by funding energy efficiency measures like:
- a new boiler
- draught proofing
- heating controls
Winter Fuel Payment
You could get between £100 and £300 tax-free to help pay your heating bills if you were born on or before 5 May 1953. This is known as a 'Winter Fuel Payment'.