You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Health and social care for EU citizens in Scotland

Nationals from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein who begin living in Scotland after 31 December 2020 can use the NHS.

They can also use a UK issued Global Healthcare Insurance Card (GHIC) when travelling in the EU, if they're:

  • ordinarily resident in the UK
  • not insured by an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland

You can find more information on applying for a GHIC on the NHS's website.

Back to top