The Gilde Healthcare Funds invest in companies working within the therapeutic, diagnostic and medical device industries and is managed by Gilde Healthcare.
Financing is typically milestone driven and underwritten by international, high-quality syndicates.
Gilde Healthcare is a specialized European healthcare investor managing two business lines: a lower mid-market buy-out fund and a venture & growth capital fund.
Gilde Healthcare's lower mid-market buy-out fund invests in profitable European healthcare services companies with a focus on the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. The portfolio consists of healthcare providers, suppliers of medical products and other service providers in the healthcare market.
Gilde Healthcare's venture & growth capital fund invests in medtech, diagnostics, digital health and therapeutics. The portfolio companies are based in Europe and North America.
Since 2001 Gilde Healthcare has raised €800 million ($900 million) for its specialized funds.
The following investment criteria apply for the lower mid-market buy-out fund:
- Healthcare providers, suppliers and service providers active in the healthcare market
- Established and profitable businesses with an EBITDA between €1-10 million
- Headquartered in Europe, with a focus on the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany
- Preferably majority ownership
The venture & growth capital fund invests in the following businesses:
- Medtech, diagnostics, digital health and therapeutics
- Early revenue stage or advanced clinical stage
- Equity investments of up to EUR 30 million per portfolio company
- Europe and North America
- Significant minority ownership