Financial assistance is available for organisations and individuals in Galloway to carry out non-commercial projects or events.
Applicants are advised that the annual sums for disbursement are not large.
No minimum or maximum value of grant is specified and the Trustees will review any reasonable request.
The Galloway Association of Glasgow was formed in 1791. The Association supports charitable, benevolent or educational purposes associated with Galloway, and encourages a love for, and interest in Galloway.
The Association awards grant funding to organisations and individuals to support community projects and events in the Galloway region.
Funding is not available for:
- Applications of a commercial nature.
- Salaries and remuneration costs.
- Regular maintenance/day-to-day running costs.
- Activities which are not directly connected with Wigtownshire or the Stewarty or Kirkcudbright.
- Organisations with significant unrestricted reserves.
- Large national charities which enjoy widespread support.
- Groups who will distribute their funds as grants/bursaries to others.
- Activities which are the primary responsibility of statutory funders such as local and central government and health authorities.
- Subsequent years of undergraduate or postgraduate study.
- Day trips or overnight accommodation (including school outings).
Applications are accepted from non-commercial organisations and individuals.
Any project of a non-commercial nature in the Galloway region will be considered.
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Support the youth of Galloway.
- Help the cultural development of the region or the re-generation of communities within the region.