Female entrepreneurs throughout Great Britain and Northern Ireland may apply for a number of award categories through the Forward Ladies National Awards for the chance to gain publicity and networking opportunities.
Forward Ladies have stipulated 10 reasons to apply for this award:
- A chance for the applicant to reflect upon what they do best.
- To gain an endorsement from experts.
- The opportunity to make networking opportunities.
- Trusted Expert.
- Alumni opportunities.
- A shout out to prospective funders.
- Improving staff morale.
- Attracting talent to the business.
- To receive an award.
This awards scheme is administered by Forward Ladies, a women's only business network with a regional and national outreach. The Headline Sponsor is HSBC and the National Partner is Tastecard. Regional partners include the following: Leeds Beckett University, Yorkshire Water, Carrwood Park, WGN, LCF Law, The Yorkshire Post, Freeths and United Utilities.
Forward Ladies National Awards represents a nationwide search for successful UK business women from a wide variety of fields; marking and celebrating their achievements and their wider impact.
Information regarding restrictions has not been stipulated. Interested parties should contact the provider directly for further details.
Applications are inclusive and are welcome from women who are running a small business, female entrepreneurs and women who are working as part of a charity or large corporate organisation. These women will come from London and the South, Yorkshire, North East and Scotland, Midlands, North West, Wales, Ireland and the Isle of Man. The applicant should have been trading for at least two years.
Match funding is not applicable in the context of this awards scheme.
Eligible expenditure is not applicable within the context of this awards scheme.
The next deadline for applications is 9 June 2017. Applications and nominations may be made online. Winners will have the opportunity to attend the National Grand Final, which will take place in Leeds, 1 December 2017.
The judging panel is chaired by HSBC UK Deputy Director for Small Businesses Jennifer Crawley and is comprised of the following expert professionals:
- Debra White: HSBC Customer Experience Director at UK Business Banking.
- Sahar Hashemin: Founder of Coffee Republic.
- Rachel Hannan: Angel Investor.
- Ajaz Ahmed: Founder of Freeserve.
- Jan Flawn CBE: Founder of PJ Care.
- Matt Turner: Founder of Tastecard.
- Margaret Casely-Hayford: Non-Executive Director and Portfolio Woman.
- Harriet Kelsall: Founder of Harriet Kelsall Bespoke Jewellery.
- Linda Plant: Fashion and Style Entrepreneur.
- Dale Murray: Co-founder of Omega Logic.
- Emma McGuigan: Senior MD of Technology UK and Ireland for Accenture.