Self Assessment forms and helpsheets

Last updated: 8 December 2017

You can download forms and guidance to:

You must send your tax return by the deadline (31 January if you're sending it online) or you'll get a penalty.

The main tax return (SA100)

Everyone who needs to do a Self Assessment tax return must either do it online or fill in form SA100.

If you need help you can:

Only fill in the short tax return (SA200) if HMRC sends it to you. You can't download it, but you can read the guidance notes.

Extra sections

You might need to fill in more sections, known as 'supplementary pages', depending on the type of income you're telling HMRC about.

Forms and guidance notes Helpsheets
SA102 Employees or company directors
SA103S or SA103F Self-employment
SA104S or SA104F Business partnerships
SA105 UK property income
SA106 Foreign income or gains
SA108 Capital gains
SA109 Non-UK residents or dual residents

Check the full list of supplementary pages to make sure you fill in the right sections if you're sending your return by post.

If you're sending a tax return for the 2010 to 2011 tax year or earlier, get forms from the National Archive.

Sending a tax return if you're not an individual

There are special forms if you're sending a tax return for a business partnership or non-resident company, or if you're a trustee.

Type of tax return Forms and guidance notes
Non-resident companies SA700
Partnership SA800 (including supplementary pages)
Trust and estate SA900 (including supplementary pages)
Trustees of registered pension schemes SA970

If you need help you can: