If your food or drink product has 2 or more ingredients (including any additives), you must list them all. Ingredients must be listed in order of weight, with the main ingredient first.
You also have to show the percentage of an ingredient if it is:
- highlighted by the labelling or a picture on a package, eg 'extra cheese'
- mentioned in the name of the product, eg 'cheese and onion pasty'
- normally connected with the name by the consumer, eg fruit in a summer pudding
If your product contains any of the following allergens you must say so clearly on the label, and list them in the ingredients:
- cereals containing gluten - including wheat, rye, barley and oats
- crustaceans - including prawns, crab and lobster
- molluscs - including squid, mussels, cockles, whelks and snails
- sesame seeds
- soya beans
- sulphur dioxide or sulphites at levels above 10mg per kilogram or per litre