If you're being evicted – council or housing association tenant
Last updated: 11 November 2019

Getting help

If your landlord wants to evict you, you should try to get help right away to make sure you don't become homeless.

There a number of different places you can go to get help.

Your local council

Local councils have a legal duty to give advice and information about homelessness, and how to prevent it.

Shelter Scotland

Call the free housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444 to talk to an adviser who can:

  • explain your rights
  • tell you your options
  • tell you what help's available in your area

You can also visit the Shelter Scotland website for more advice and information.

Citizens Advice Scotland

Visit your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau to get free, confidential and independent advice on homelessness, housing and benefits.

Visit the Citizens Advice Scotland website to get more information and find your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau.