Energy Performance Certificates for your business premises
Last updated: 7 August 2019


You don't need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if you can demonstrate that the building is any of the following:

  • a stand alone building (other than a domestic dwelling) with a useful floor area of less than 50 m2
  • a temporary building with a planned use of two years or less
  • a building with a low energy demand – ie non-residential agricultural buildings and workshops
  • a building sold for the purpose of demolition