You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Support with energy costs or supply

Your landlord must not cut off your gas, electricity or water supply. If they do this, they may be trying to illegally evict you.

If you are struggling to pay your energy bills, talk to your supplier. They may be able to give you a payment holiday, reduce your bills or even help you access their hardship fund if they have one.

Your energy company can put you on their Priority Service Register if any of these apply to you. You:

  • are vulnerable
  • have children
  • have a disability
  • are an older person

It's free to join and it means your energy company will prioritise you in case of any disruption.

Ofgem is the gas and electricity regulatory body. Visit their website for advice on getting help if you can't afford your energy bills.

Find out about other ways to get help with your energy bills.

Back to top