You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If you have a private landlord

If you rent from a private landlord and are unable to pay your rent, temporary emergency measures have been brought in to support you.

The emergency rent cap applies to most private rental tenancies. It does not not apply to some tenancies, including regulated tenancies and certain other tenancy types where rent increases are governed by contract terms.

Most people have a private residential tenancy. If you are not sure, you can check what type of tenancy you have.

The eviction pause applies to most of the private and social rented sectors, and college and university halls of residence and Purpose Build Student Accommodation (PBSA).

Back to top