You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Driving licences, tests, car tax and registration

Visit the GOV.UK website for information on:

Driving licences

Includes driving licence applications, renewals, updates, upgrades, lost and stolen licences and contacting DVLA.

Driving tests and learning to drive or ride

Includes general information on provisional driving licences, driving lessons, driving tests, theory tests, Pass Plus, motorcycles and mopeds.

Vehicle tax, MOT and insurance

Includes vehicle tax rates, paying a DVLA fine, clamped and impounded vehicles, stolen vehicles and getting an MOT.

Number plates, vehicle registration and log books

Includes vehicle log books (V5C), private registration plates and taking your vehicle off the road (SORN).

Back to top