Disclosure Scotland is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government. This means it has to comply with strict legal requirements in the way that it works.
Scottish Ministers decide how Disclosure Scotland operates. This includes:
- its application processes
- how application forms look
- whether you apply online or with a paper form
The following 'Determination of form' publications give more details about the laws that govern the disclosure and PVG scheme membership application process.
- Publications relating to the Police Act 1997
- Publications relating to the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Act 2007
Disclosure Scotland’s framework document gives more information about how it works.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback