Travelling with a companion
If you need to travel with a companion, they're entitled to travel for free if your National Entitlement Card has the Companion Travel logo on it. You need to present extra information when you apply for your card.
To qualify, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You live in a care/residential home or hospital and are eligible for the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance, or Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance
- You receive the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance
- You receive the standard or enhanced rate of daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
- You receive Attendance Allowance
- You are registered blind
- You receive a war pensions constant attendance allowance.
Visit the Transport Scotland website for more information.