Support actions to strengthen competiveness and to ensure that any industry in any sector in Europe can make the best use of digital innovations to compete on a global scale, grow and create jobs.
Co-financing for projects varies between individual Calls.
The Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology of the European Commission (DG CONNECT) works to develop a Digital Single Market in order to generate smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe. The European Commission supports the delivery of the Digital Single Market through a number of funding programmes, which publish competitive Calls for Proposals for projects.
Applications will not be considered for a grant if the applicants are in any of the following situations:
- They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters, or are in any analogous situation arising from a similar procedure provided for in national legislation or regulations.
- They have been convicted of an offence concerning professional misconduct by a judgement which has the force of res judicata.
- They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means which the contracting authority can justify.
- They have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the country of the contracting authority or those of the country where the contract is to be performed.
- They have been the subject of a judgement which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the Communities' financial interests.
- Following another procurement procedure or grant procedure financed by the Community budget, they have been declared to be in serious breach of contract for failure to comply with their contractual obligations.
- They are faced with a conflict of interest.
- They have been guilty of misrepresentation in supplying the information required or have failed to supply this information.
Available to organisations based in an EU Member State.
The rate of co-financing for projects varies between Calls, but applicants will usually be expected to contribute to the project costs.
Categories and areas of operation are given in individual Calls for Proposals.
Applications are made in response to Calls for Proposals issued in the Official Journal of the European Union and on the DG Digital Single Market - Digital Economy and Society website.
Details of Calls for Proposals are given in the Calls section of this report.