Annual awards scheme to recognise and rank the 50 fastest-growing technology companies across the UK.
The Awards are non-financial, however benefits to winners include:
- Ranking position in the Deloitte Fast 50.
- A recognised benchmark of success.
- Opportunity to profile the company in the media.
- Use of winners' logo on all communications.
- Enhanced recruitment and selection of staff.
- Increase profile with investors and partners.
- Automatic entry into the EMEA Fast 500 to rank companies from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- All Northern Ireland companies that meet the UK competition entry requirements will also be entered into the UK competition.
Note: Companies headquartered in Northern Ireland can take part to the UK OR Irish programme but need to choose one or the other and cannot enter both.
Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 Awards are run by Deloitte. The awards programme originated in the USA in 1995 and expanded to the UK in 1998.
The awards are targeted at technology companies that have demonstrated innovative strategies, sound management practices, drive and marketplace vision to achieve the status of high-growth leaders. The ranking is based on speed of growth and will take into account turnover increase over the past five years.
The UK Fast 50 is part of an international programme run by Deloitte. Qualifying entrants of the UK Fast 50 will be put forward to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) programme, along with entrants from other national programmes run by Deloitte in the EMEA region.
Although there are no specific exclusions cited within the programme guidelines, those wishing to apply are advised to liaise directly with the sponsor in the first instance to discuss eligibility.
Nominations are open to UK public and private companies, large and small, in all areas of technology, from internet specialists to life sciences, computers to semiconductors and software to telecommunications.
To qualify as a technology company, the main area of business must involve one or more of:
- Owns proprietary intellectual property or proprietary technology that contributes to a significant portion of the company's operating revenues.
- Manufactures a technology related product.
- Devotes a significant proportion of operating revenues to research and development of technology.
- Is technology intensive, or uses its own unique technology to solve problems.
Fast 50 businesses must have been in operation for a minimum of four years.
This is an annual programme.
The 2017 deadline for nominations is Friday 8 September 2017.
The awards are free to enter. Companies may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
Applications should be submitted electronically, along with necessary supporting documents (audited financial statements).
Entrants must provide details of their revenue via the online nomination form. Companies will also be required to submit copies of their financial statements.
The 2017 UK Technology Fast 50 awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 16 November 2017.