The Dealmaker will enable quality facetime between legal entities from anywhere in the world and Bayer experts, allowing eligible applicants to pitch solutions.
Successful start-ups will receive the following benefits:
- One day of quality time spent with Bayer Experts.
- The chance to pitch their solution.
- The opportunity to find out if there is a mutual interest to move on.
Bayer will cover travel expenses.
The Dealmaker is administered by Bayer Global, a Life Science company committed to finding solutions to major contemporary challenges.
Information regarding restrictions has not been stipulated. Interested parties should contact the funding provider directly for further details.
Legal entities that are based in any country around the world may apply. Applicants should be "mature start-ups" and could be mature teams, start-ups and companies with solutions that are "ready to go".
Match funding is not applicable in this instance.
For 2017, there will be a focus upon digital health solutions that address the following healthcare and life sciences' challenges:
- Clinical trials.
- Identifying and recruiting patients for clinical trials.
- Making improvements to the patient experience during clinical trials.
- Developing mobile platforms for patients to report health condition parameters.
- Improving adherence within clinical trials or within real life.
- Data analysis.
- Data analysis tools that systematically identify competitor Research & Development activities.
- Deep Learning Research Services for the purposes of health and life science data.
- The transformation of Electronic Health Records (EHR) data in order to analyse data sets.
- Analysing drug labels, such as patient information leaflets, in order to generate new insights.
- Implementing prediction algorithms in hospital information systems.
- Monitoring chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- Diagnosing acute kidney injury.
- Women's health.
- Developing early non-invasive diagnosis of endometriosis.
- Improving the identification of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH) patients.
- Improving adherence for an oral pulmonary hypertension treatment.
- Innovative, efficient concepts for training members of staff to use a drug and device combination product within an intensive care unit setting.
Applicants are required to address one or more of these challenges. However, the Dealmaker is also open to other solutions helpful to healthcare providers or patients, as well as any other products that are dedicated to the prevention or diagnosis of diseases or the improvement of pharmaceutical processes.
The next deadline for submissions is 31 August 2017.
Interested parties should submit their application using the online submission form
More than one project may be submitted and one submission may be made for each project proposal. Submissions should be written in English. It is up to Bayer to decide how many companies and start-ups will be selected.
Applicants should include the following information within their submission form:
- The submission name.
- A solution description and a description of the problem that the applicant wishes to solve.
- The applicant should be able to describe differences to existing solutions already on the market.
- A high level project plan.
- A description of team skills.
- The applicant should be able to upload one pdf file that describes the project or company, giving any additional information considered to be useful.
- The applicant should not provide any confidential information under any circumstances.