Annual worldwide competition open to creative industry entrepreneurs to find new and revolutionary business ideas.
The total value of prizes on offer is worth more than $100,000 and during the Global Award Show participating delegates can benefit from a programme of seminars, one-on-one sessions, investor matchmaking and showcasing opportunities.
For reference, prizes at the International Creative Business Cup Finals 2015 included:
- First prize: USD 20.000 + SoftLayer Catalyst StartUp Programme + VIP experience at the Global Entrepreneurship
- Congress (GEC) in Milan in March 2015
- Second prize: USD 10,000
- Third prize: USD 5,000
- CBC Food Innovation Prize: USD 5,000
- CBC Interactive Prize: USD 5,000
- SoftLayer Catalyst StartUp Programme
- Next Step Challenge Programme
Creative Business Cup is a global network and marketplace that allows creative entrepreneurs to scale their business concepts, connect with investors and partners and boost their international business potential.
Each year National Partners around the world host national Creative Business Cup competitions. Creative England is launching the annual competition to find the UK Winner who will go on to compete against other national winners from across the world to win the global title of Best Creative Entrepreneur at the Global Award show in Copenhagen, Denmark, in November 2015 during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Start-ups from all countries also have the opportunity to come to Copenhagen for the international finals, but will not be qualified to compete for the title as the world's best creative entrepreneur.
The goals of Creative Business Cup are to:
- strengthen the business skills of entrepreneurs within the creative industries;
- promote entrepreneurship within the creative industries; and
- promote winners and role models.
Although there are no restrictions stipulated within the guidance, applicants should contact the funding provider in the first instance to ensure eligibility.
The Creative Business Cup is open to new and established entrepreneurs from the creative industries anywhere in the world and looks for new and revolutionary business ideas with strong market potential.
Creative Business Cup will allow entrepreneurs from the following sectors to participate:
- Film, video and photography
- Leisure activities
- Radio & Television
- Software, computer games and electronic publishing
- Toys and Games
- Visual and performing arts
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement of the scheme.
Costs associated with attending the awards.
The programme operates on an annual basis.
To apply applicants need to submit a Business Concept in no more than 10 pages or 12 PowerPoint slides and apply online