Miscarriage of justice: apply for compensation
Last updated: 1 May 2019

Help and advice

You can get help and advice about claiming compensation for a miscarriage of justice.

Your solicitor

A solicitor can give you legal advice about miscarriage of justice compensation.

If your application is successful, reasonable legal costs may be paid at the discretion of the Scottish Ministers.

Law centres

Law centres have solicitors and other advisers who can give you free legal advice.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice offers free advice on a wide range of issues. They can give advice over the phone or in person at a local bureau.

Miscarriages of Justice Organisation

Provides practical advice and support to people who have suffered a miscarriage of justice.

Miscarriages of Justice Organisation
Phone: 0141 552 0009
Find out about call charges