Business start-up support for UK marketing and adtech companies, comprising equity investment funding, coaching and structured access to brands including Exterion Media, DigitasLBI, Haymarket, The National Lottery, Ogilvy & Mather Group UK, Unilever and Puma, at an accelerator programme taking place in London.
The programme offers up to £80,000 in equity funding (16% equity) and up to 10 start-ups will receive £30,000 equity investment for a four-month Collision Phase programme with 130+ hours of support.
Collider is London’s leading marketing and adtech (or MadTech) accelerator. The programme offers start-ups up to £80,000 in equity funding for up to a one-year mentorship driven programme. Collider also partners with global brands and agencies that are looking to work directly with start-ups. Up to 10 start-ups will receive £30,000 equity investment for a four-month Collision Phase programme with 130+ hours of support.
- The programme focuses on providing the necessary customer feedback early-stage start-ups need to scale.
- Expert mentorship from veteran entrepreneurs and senior brands and agency executives occurs weekly throughout the first four months.
- Post-Collision Phase, up to five start-ups will receive £50,000 equity investment, and a further eight months’ support from Collider; the Growth Phase.
- By the end of one year, start-ups should have enough market traction to raise a late seed or Series A investment round.
- Investment comes from smart Angel Investors with a unique offering they bring to start-ups from the marketing and advertising world, who also participate in the programme as mentors.
The four-month programme is designed to provide enough customer feedback for start-ups to have trials in the pipeline by Demo Day. In 2016, more than 200 brand and agency individuals attended the Demo Day, a commercial launch for the Class of 2016 start-up cohort.
Collider fuses ambitious founders with progressive brands and specialist investors. It injects smart capital, expert coaching and forge commercial connections. Through productive collaboration, it fosters the fastest route to product-market fit, follow-on funding, competitive edge and revenue.
Although there are no specific exclusions cited within the programme guidelines, those wishing to apply are advised to liaise with the funding provider in the first instance to discuss eligibility.
UK start-ups that provide tools to help brands and agencies better find, understand, engage and sell to consumers may apply. In short: Marketing and Advertising technology businesses – MadTech.
Start-ups must be [GF048436] SEIS[/GF]-eligible and will need to be registered as a UK-limited company and have a UK Bank account to receive the investment. Founders must be willing to travel to London on a weekly basis, but can be based anywhere.
Collider is looking for start-ups with a minimum of two founders and those at the MVP or Prototype stage. It is particularly interested in possibilities in the below spaces:
- Advertising Tech
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
- Automated marketing
- Big Data
- Consumer analytics
- Content curation and distribution
- Dynamic and native advertising
- E-commerce and m-commerce
- Enterprise Start-ups
- Future of Content
- In-store Engagement
- In-store technologies
- Marketing analytics
- Marketing Tech
- Marketing productivity tools
- Mobile Technology
- Multi Channel Innovation
- Offline digital retail
- Online to offline
- Platforms to enhance sales
- Power of Crowd
- Product and consumer awareness
- Smart Device
- Tools for video
Match funding is not a stipulated requirement of this programme.
Costs associated with eligible projects.
Currently closed. The deadline for receipt of applications was 16 October 2016.
Frequency: Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until the deadline. This is the fifth accelerator programme (2017).
Link to guidelines:
Start-ups can apply on f6s at the following link: http://f6s.com/colliderclass2017
The programme will begin on 5 December 2016 and end on 31 March 2017 (17 weeks).