Funding is available to support training in technical, managerial and professional skills which will help construction businesses in England, Scotland and Wales to take on a more diverse range of contracts.
Applicants may receive:
- £100 per person per day. This includes £50 grant and £50 enhanced funding for the 2016-17 grant scheme year.
- Plus an extra 10% if they pay the levy and meet certain deadlines. See supplementary payment.
Funding is provided by CITB which helps the construction industry in England, Scotland and Wales in all aspects of recruiting, training and qualifying the construction workforce. It also works with partners in government and beyond to improve the competitiveness of the industry as a whole.
This grant supports training in technical, managerial and professional skills which will help businesses to take on a more diverse range of contracts.
Construction industry employers in England, Scotland and Wales who are registered with CITB can claim a grant, including those who don’t pay levy.
Funding is available for the following courses:
- Technical and professional attendance (A09) - Grant for attendance on approved off-the job, construction-related training courses such as NEBOSH, IOSH and NVQ Level 4, HNC, HND, BTEC, Part-time Degrees and Post-graduate Diplomas.
- Technical and professional achievement (A25) - Grant for achievement of approved qualifications such as a construction-related BTEC, Degrees and Post-graduate Diplomas.
- NVQ Level 4 and above achievement (A33/A33B).
- Site Safety Plus (A29) - Grant for attendance on approved courses such as SMSTS and SSSTS at an approved centre.
- Construction-related work experience (A19) - This is a grant for planned work experience lasting four or more consecutive weeks, which forms an essential part of a construction-related technical or professional course.