Financial investments of up to £150,000 are available for gaming SMEs based outside of Greater London to develop and release a new game.
Investments of between £50,000 and £150,000 will be made.
The aim of Creative England's Game Development Fund is to stimulate the commercial development and growth of the games industry in the English regions, outside of Greater London, by providing investments of between £50,000 and £150,000 to game studios that can demonstrate high growth potential.
The investments will be made for the development and commercial release of new game IP and will be made under a commercial basis under a revenue share scheme.
Although there are no restrictions stipulated in the guidance document applicants are advised to contact the funding provider directly to discuss eligibility.
To be eligible to apply to this fund companies must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be based in any of the English regions outside of Greater London (Applicants should refer to this map).
- Have previous, demonstrable game development experience.
- Qualify as an SME and be registered at Companies House.
- Have been trading for a minimum of three years and be able to show a minimum of £100,000 revenue in their most recent company accounts.
- Be able to provide a minimum of £1 of private match funding for every £1 Creative England invests.
Applicants must be able to provide a minimum of £1 of private match funding for every £1 Creative England invests.
Costs associated with carrying out the development and release of the game.
The CE Development Fund is a rolling fund which will continue to accept and assess applications until the total investment pot has been allocated.
Frequency: Rolling programme.
Link to guidelines:
Applicants are able to apply online. Further details and full application guidance can be found here