Carer's Allowance Supplement
Last updated: 11 June 2019

Other benefits and tax

Carer's Allowance Supplement will not affect your other benefits or tax credits.

You do not need to tell the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) or your council about this payment.

Income tax

You may have to pay more income tax on your Carer's Allowance Supplement.

Most people do not pay tax if their income is under £12,500 a year.

If your income is over £12,500, tell HM Revenue & Customs about this payment.

Your partner's income does not affect whether you have to pay tax on Carer's Allowance Supplement.