You must store waste safely and securely. To do this:
- separate different wastes
- store waste in a secure place
- use suitable containers and label them clearly
- use covers to prevent waste blowing away
- use a waterproof cover if rain could cause contaminated run-off or prevent the waste from being reused
- use bunds to prevent liquid waste escaping - eg into a drain
You may need a waste management licence to store your own or other people's waste. The licence will confirm any extra rules for storing waste on your site.