Building a new home and VAT

Last updated: 26 September 2017

You can apply for a VAT refund on building materials and services if you're:

  • building a new home
  • converting a property into a home
  • building a non-profit communal residence - eg a hospice
  • building a property for a charity

Visit GOV.UK to find out about building a new home and VAT