Long-term cost saving energy measures and free expert advice for micro-businesses in the United Kingdom.
The fund covers installations of energy saving measures valued up to £6,000 per business, helping eligible applicants to save money on their energy bill.
As part of the Energy Efficiency Fund, British Gas will conduct a free survey carried out by trained professionals to identify the right range of energy saving measures for each micro-business.
The measures could include the following:
- Lighting – Efficiency Upgrades.
- Lighting control installation.
- Motor / Fan Efficiency Improvement.
- Boiler plant efficiency improvement.
- Heating valve & pipework insulation.
- Boiler burner operational efficiency upgrade.
- Hot water vessel insulation.
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) cells.
- Solar thermal.
- HVAC controls optimisation/Implementation.
- Building Fabric- Wall/Loft Insulation.
- Ventilation- High efficiency filter.
- Ventilation- Occupancy/CO2 Control.
There are no restrictions stipulated for the fund although applicants are advised to discuss their eligibility with the funding provider in the first instance.
To access the Energy Efficiency Fund applicants must be classed as a ‘micro-business’ in the UK by meeting any one of the following criteria:
- Use less than 100,000 kWh of electricity a year.
- Use less than 293,000 kWh of gas a year.
- Have fewer than 10 employees (or their full-time equivalent) and yearly turnover, or yearly balance sheet, is no more
than €2 million.
Match funding is not a requirement of the fund.
Costs associated with installations.
All funds have now been administered. Any future rounds will be reported once they are available.
Link to guidelines:
Interest in the fund should be registered via the website
Upon registration the applicant will receive a call from a member of the Commercial Installation team to discuss eligibility and gather information about the business in order to progress further.