Competitive awards to identify and reward best practice in total quality management, assist improvement and provide role models for all organisations within the UK to emulate.
The three main aims of the Award are:
- to assist organisations to improve;
- to identify role models to demonstrate what can be achieved; and
- to recognise those who have shown exceptional ability and performance in the management of their organisation.
Applying for the award brings substantial benefits, including:
- A comprehensive feedback report which will inform strategic planning and future direction.
- Free facilitation from an experienced award facilitator to help produce an award submission.
- A dedicated team of committed and focused assessors who will work from registration to site visit.
- A benchmarking visit to a recent UK Excellence Award winner and the chance to learn from their best practice.
- The opportunity to be named as a finalist or winner at the annual UK Excellence Award Ceremony in London.
- A unique way to motivate employees at all levels in a positive and constructive atmosphere.
The British Quality Foundation (BQF) was formed in 1992 following the recommendations of the Henderson Committee, which was set up by the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry to consider and report on the feasibility of developing and introducing a new prestigious award for British business.
The UK Excellence Award was launched in 1994.
The three aims of the awards are to:
- assist organisations to improve;
- identify role models to demonstrate what can be achieved; and
- recognise those who have shown exceptional ability and performance in the management of their organisation.
Applicants are advised to contact BQF prior to applying to ensure that projects are eligible.
The UK Excellence Award is open to all UK organisations of any size and from any sector.
This is an annual programme.
The 2018 UK Excellence Awards Ceremony will be taking place on Thursday 15 March 2018 at the Guildhall in the City of London.
Applicants should refer to the website or discuss with the sponsor the Classic and Flexible Approach prior to entry.